Click logos above to see full list of LabWare Biobanking and Clinical Research LIMS & ELN customers.
For over 25 years, LabWare has embraced the philosophy of collaboration with its customers, resulting in customer-driven development of a broad range of powerful capabilities for biobanks, biorepositories, and a variety of organizations involved with clinical research including pharma, biopharma, CROs, universities, and government institutions.
The LabWare clinical LIMS solution combines the features in a traditional laboratory information system (LIS) with additional integrated capabilities that address the needs for clinical research
LabWare’s ability to serve a variety of different laboratory applications across different industries with a common core product is driven by the inherent flexibility of the product. This flexibility, accomplished via data driven configuration, provides high value to clinical laboratories in the following ways:
- The system is easily adapted to manage the workflow and business logic according to the unique customer needs.
- Customers can be empowered to utilize the LabWare configuration tools to accommodate changes in business requirements. Training courses and mentoring from the LabWare professional services team provide knowledge transfer to the customer LIMS administrators and support staff.
- A modular product architecture enables customers to easily take advantage of new product features and streamlines the implementation of new functionality in phases according to business needs.
- LabWare’s unique in-place upgrade capability allows customers to benefit from a well-maintained, flexible LIMS solution that will evolve with their business and stay current with advances in information technology.
- LabWare’s modular architecture streamlines system implementation and validation.
LabWare’s laboratory workflow engine manages the activities necessary to complete all the tests ordered on each specimen, execute appropriate rules for reflex testing, comments, auto verification, and billing, and create and distribute reports to the appropriate recipients via the appropriate mode (hard copy, fax, email, HL7 or other interface message). The LabWare workflow engine is flexible to manage the different needs across all laboratory departments including:
- Molecular biology
- Flow Cytometry
- Anatomic Pathology/ Cytology
LabWare supports clinical laboratory automation and paperless operations with native tools that simplify the task of interfacing
with a variety of laboratory analyzers and robotics platforms as well as a configurable rules engine that can be used to enable, expedite, and increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the laboratory operation.
LabWare's integrated electronic laboratory notebook
provides additional capability to manage large data sets in plate based testing and flexibility to document research experiments.
LabWare eliminates silos of information with an open architecture and powerful interoperability tools
that enable exchange of information with other enterprise information systems via web services, HL7, ASTM, file transfer, and direct database communications.
LabWare LIMS manages all aspects of specimen genealogy, including aliquots and sub-samples. Convenient out of the box menu options facilitate all aspects of managing specimen derivatives including composite or pooled samples. The LabWare system insures historical integrity by maintaining a complete specimen history and genealogy. LabWare’s bi o repository
features provide powerful specimen management capabilities such as storage location definition and management, chain-of-custody enforcement and history, freeze-thaw tracking, study rules management, specimen accessioning, quantity tracking, storage condition monitoring, and specimen logistics including requests/fulfillment, packing, shipping, and receiving.